Monday, 2 February 2015

Pin Up


Trying to get this fluidly effect in to my work I worked more towards this idea of long drips of fabric. I create rouleaux which did have this effect because of the length and scale however they were still too straight and didn’t have the organic feel to them that I wanted. With the rouleaux I manipulated them in different ways like stuffing them and filling them with liquid but they still didn’t have this natural form to them.
Despite all of this with my materials during the pin up session with my tutors and peers it was suggested to me that I try and show this more jelly, liquid aspect within my materials because these are the aspects that used with in my drawings and photography. This meant that I had to understand and think more carefully about what materials I could use and processes that I could use to manipulate this approach. Also the artist that I am looking at such as Martha Friedman and William Kendrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment