Proportions
With having more problems with the colours and getting the right proportion of neon so I took a break away from the colours and focused more towards the processes and materials and bought every material that I was going to use in white. The materials I look more into were all linear and lines I was trying to develop my own type of thread to manipulate because I found within my work I change the way people traditional use threads. I make my own threads from everyday materials such as baths matts, electrical cording, window seal and installation tape. With these materials I changed the way we looked at them and created these 3d refiles from the wall which gave them a different effect in some cases they looked like part of the wall and the different textures in the bath matt gave another effect. On the other hand I need to consider how I manipulate them as some of the samples I created changed their shape and started to look like objects instead of having and linear statement to them. I also found that I work better with multiples and repetition as I find that having more of the materials creates more of an impact and within my artwork this is one of my main points.
No comments:
Post a Comment