I found working with white materials help me a lot in
knowing what processes worked well and what materials are beneficial towards my
work. With working in this way I was also introduced on to the omni machine
which was engaging because of the effect the machines constructed. With the
machines I found that it manipulates lines and gathers it all together to
create these repeated forms. I thought this technique was very intriguing and I
wanted to see how far I could push my limits in to create something at a bigger
scale because the samples I was shown were little. I wanted to create statement
pieces with this machine. I manipulated all this white ribbon one a much larger
scale. I covered all the fabric so you couldn’t see anything but the lines that
the ribbon created. With this the fabric started to form in different ways
because of the way I stitched the fabric it was starting to curve around itself
and create a form so this generated more ideas and I was so involved in how I
could change the lines and fabric to create more unique forms. I also found
that by doing this technique it helped me achieve this organic and natural
effect because by creating lines and fabric on a much grander scale it was
clearer to see how I could manipulate these after to get the drippy effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment