With the samples I started by manipulating lines and
creating reliefs to represent the lines and movement in my paintings and
drawings. I used unusual materials such as tinsel, plastic bags
However by doing this I was creating too much of grid and my
sample such be more fluid and have more movement within the samples instead of
being attached down and restricted with grid. I have to overcome this by using
different techniques and processes to push them to create more of a free drippy
organic movement.
With creating more samples I was intrigued more on how I
could use the neon colours with in various materials such as straws, waterproof
fabric, garden wire, threads and plasters. With the materials I targeted on the
lines and liner side of them because I wanted to embrace the drippy effect in
the sample. Nonetheless I couldn’t grasp the drippy effect within the samples
they were more choppy and straight cut instead of having the fluidity that they
needed to be. The samples were disastrous and I had overcome this by developing
my processes and techniques more. With my work having this organic drippy
effect. I looked more into different painters to see how they place colours
together and how they grasp this drippy effect which I need to bring in to my
artwork. Also I started to target more on what materials I could use with
material research. I benefited from doing this materials research as it gave me
more of an open mind towards how I could manipulate the materials. This
technique of looking at materials made me look at them a different way because
instead of looking at the materials as an object I was looking mainly out what
it was made from and how I could change the way we look at it. This is what I
want to investigate more towards.
No comments:
Post a Comment