Tuesday, 20 January 2015

BIRLEY FIELDS BUILDING

My ideas for the commission was to create a piece of artwork for an exterior purpose in the new Birley building. When I went on the tour of the building and started looking around I found a space which was on a roof terrace. I knew that I wanted to design my artwork to fit there because I found the site interesting as having art public shocks and inspires me. I found that public art makes an impact on the audience and that’s why I wanted to do for this commission.
I started design different patterns and prints which used a lot of neon colours. However I was painting and design in a different ways to other as I found working with dull colours not exciting and they just looked average. I wanted the audience to be shocked with this impact that’s why I started working with bright bold neon colours which were strong to look at. The materials I was painting with changed the effect of the neon colours. As an artist I use unusual everyday materials you wouldn’t think to use as mark making materials. The materials I used to create my designs were neon paints, water, oil, bubble wrap, mirrors, nail varnishes and jelly. With uses these different materials I was able to manipulate the neon paints in to different patterns and designs. After I had the designs I started manipulating them in to photoshop. By creating different layers on the designs they gave them a strong impact look which I wanted from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment