Monday, 3 November 2014
Monday 3 November
When I was showing off my installation to my tutor and peers
I wanted their advice of how I could improve it and develop my sample more.
With looking carefully at my work I wasn’t that sure if I want to create an
organic shapes because in my visual research the idea of lines and creating
reputation within lines. Due to the fact
that I was just pinning the elastic up I wasn’t manipulation to its strengths
because elastic is stretchy and I need to manipulated of this idea. So I
started working on using different tensions and stretching the elastic in
different ways such as I was spearing the elastic from the colour thread to see
how this would change the environment. After I had finished pinning and taping
all the elastic to the window I stood back from the installation and I thought
that something was missing. I felt that it didn’t have that interaction with
the audience of what I wanted it to have. The installation that I created was
terrible and I felt that it was rubbish so I had to think back to my visual and
artist research to think of more ideas. What kept showing through my research
was this use of line and how I could manipulate it with different materials.
Also the artist that stood out the most to me was Vancouver with the use of
neon colours and lines, Olafur Eliasson and her use of kaleidoscopic lights
however with this artist what I really thought I could take influence from is
her use of mirrored materials and how she has change them. Another artist that
I looked into was Crystal Wagner because of the fact that she uses a lot of
paper and cheap dollar store objects and I could related so much to this
because the majority of work has this aspects in them and I wanted to see if I
could bring these aspects more into my work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment