Monday, 10 November 2014

Monday 10 November

With all this in mind my peers and tutor thought that I was working in the same space and the fact I was doing this might have been effecting my way of working. I thought this could have been one the reasons I felt so negative about my work. I need to try and create and new space for my work.
This week I have been more set on using different process rather than using sticking to the unthreaded elastic I wanted to take more risks with how I was manipulating my materials. I started using seams and how I could change the way people see them. I seamed paper, netting and uv fabric. The one I thought stood out the most to me was the seamed paper because I started cutting the paper into thin strips and this created a whole different look about it and when I pinned it upon the wall it has the effect on people were you used wanted to go up and touch it. Also another sample that I thought really worked was the netting but the process that I used was couching but instead of couching with fabric and a needle I used the wall and pink duct tape and I created the illusion of couching into the wall. This process was unusual because I didn’t use this technique in the traditional way. Also the colour I used in this sample really stood out to me because of the holes in the yellow netting against the shimmer of the bright pink duct tape. Another sample I develop was that I used a running stitch to attach streamers together in different colours. I used to work with streamers because of the fact they have their own line which I wanted to manipulate and create my own stamp on them. With the idea of couching into the wall I started doing it to this sample but instead of using thread I used foil tape which I got from a diy store. When I stared this sample it really relates to my visual research and highlighted out the aspects of reflections within my work. So with this idea of reflection in my mind I wanted to investigate more in to this so I want to this cannel in Manchester and started taking photos of the reflections in the water and how I could change the view and way of looking at them by changing the shutter speed on my camera to see if I could capture them in different ways.





No comments:

Post a Comment