Friday, 21 November 2014

Monday 21 November

After talking to my peers and tutor about my work I know what I want to investigate more. I want to almost take over an area with my samples which creates this dramatic feel. I will have to develop more in to mass of taking over and scale. Scale in my samples and development is very important to me because of the fact I find that the more dramatic the scale is, the more of an impact it has on the audience. My samples are very much attached to the wall and I need to develop this more because I want to have a bigger impact on the audience. I also started developing more ideas into my wall piece by weaving lights in them to see how this effects the sample. The only reason why I like working with lights is mostly I find that they give a whole different look about my sample because it just doesn’t have to be the set colour I have used the lights give it more of an unusual look about it.
My peers made different links to different ideas in my work such as one peer said the sample had a lot of movement within it and that’s what I was trying to create but she made the link to 1920’s dresses and how they had all these tassels on them and moved and changed every time the person changed their movement so I want to look more into seeing if I could change this into a piece of fabric and seeing how it changes.


I developed my samples in the ways that’s were suggested to me and I also add my own influence to them. I knew that scale was important so I carry on adding to my tinsel piece by adding and couching a lot more on to the wall however when I adding to the piece it at looked like it was going to take over the studio because it started to develop on to the floor. This piece was what I want to create because it got to the scale of what I wanted however in the further I would want to carry on with technique and material. With this idea of couching with tinsel I started couching on to PVC plastic to create a skirt from it. This I found really work with my sample because it had that feel of the 1920s that was mentioned in my tutorials and also had a feel that it from part of a carnival. Another sample that I created on a bigger scale was the seams of cut paper and then I started playing with the idea of having things on the floor so I carried on developing and manipulating them all to do such thing. With all these process I want to see how big of a scale I could get them with taking over the studio however they did have this feel about them.





No comments:

Post a Comment