After showing all my different types of drawings to my tutor
I found out what techniques and processes I should work on more. The machine
samples were the best ones I had created however I knew that I should extend
more on the process and by using different colours and shapes I could develop
them much more. Using the pleating and folding of the paper seemed to work
quite well. However with some of the sample there were some problems, such as
the paint was pealing off them and they looked horrible, so I had to find a
solution to fix this and keep the colour on the samples. With all these
different samples in mind I tried to keep the machine also in mind. Then expand
on that by using different types of materials and different colours to see what
worked best and what effect each materials gave.
I found so many different types of materials I just kept
looking for unusual ones which I could develop and processes more. With all
these ideas I also started testing out different types of elastic for example: different
thickness and different colours. I found some elastic works better with other
fabrics. I just kept making all these different samples and developing them
more and more however I did something by mistake I bought some wide elastic to
see if I could stretch it and it wasn’t really working for me and then I
started pulling one of the threads from it and the elastic came apart
beautifully. I had never seen elastic like this before and it gave the elastic
a totally different look about it. I used this on different lengths of elastic
to see how it would effect it at different sizes. This sample was so simple yet
so effective because when I was unthreading the elastic it was just one thread
I was pulling on so there was this big bundle of thread which was just one
line. It didn’t look like it though because when the elastic was made the
thread has some creases in it which made it look like it was more than one
thread. However there were some samples that didn’t work .Like the foam, tape
and some stretch fabric. I did like the colours of these materials but they
just didn’t work with the elastic in the machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment