Monday, 13 October 2014

Monday 13 October


I showed my peers and tutor what I had done in the past in my work then explained why I chose the colours and the materials that I had drawn with. I explained that the materials were important to me because I didn’t want to create flat drawings. My peers know that I like using a lot of different plastics in these drawings, so I used them in an abstract way creating unusual drawings. My tutor explained that I should develop them more by using different processes. Not to become too attached to what I am doing because sometimes trying different processes create more ideas. After this discussion I needed more inspiration to develop my drawing so I went away and did more artist research and this helped me to think about a variety of other processes thus generating more ideas. Softlab for Melissa shoes- we are flowers, Unbilical cord by Richmond and kaleidoscope light installations.



 
With all these ideas I starting using a lot more processes to develop my drawings. With some of the wall paper I manipulated and folded creating new drawings within the old ones. Some of the drawings were horrible and didn’t work because the fabric and plastics will only manipulate in certain directions. Some of them were harder than others such as the plastic kept breaking. Also I had other ideas like keep some on background and creating different shades within them because my photographs had elements of this. I had to keep a link between them all, however some of the drawings became quite restricted because of the limited manipulation of the materials. I create many different drawings with in these and tried various materials such as stretch and lycra materials, tights, leather and wood boards. All these various materials had a different effect on each drawings. Also I used some of the techniques I learnt from the machines, afterwards started creating more long drawings with this. I found that using the cording foot on the machine gives my drawings more a 3D look because these drawings seem to have more movement about them. I think it is because I didn’t restrict them to a specific shape, I just let them fall where they wanted which was interesting. The elastic helped me create more tension and style within these samples.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment